DAFC.net
Home 22 September 2017 
Rogue's Gallery

Who's Online : 55 now
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Scottish Deer Centre
55 acres of 14 species of Deer, Fife`s only Wolf pack, Otters and other rare Scottish species including Wildcat. Raptor World Bird of Prey centre!
[ web link ]

SQUEALADEAL Local Offers
Register for latest local offer updates in Fife and Kinross and you will be entered into weekly prize draws
[ web link ]

Local Traders
Home maintenance and garden services with fast quotes from building work contractors. Receive a local job quote direct to your mobile phone.
[ web link ]

Bespoke France
We offer a range of holidays to families living with reduced mobility but also multiple learning difficulties and sensory impairments.
[ web link ]

[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Dog/pet Insurance.
Topic Originator: Bertiesback  
Date:   Thu 14 Sep 09:40

I am about to insure my pup (a miniature schnauzer) and I see there is a new kind of insurance on the market called Boughtbymany.

https://boughtbymany.com/offers/pet-insurance/

Their rates look pretty good. Has anyone on .net used or is using them. What do you think?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Dog/pet Insurance.
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Thu 14 Sep 13:37

Quote:

Bertiesback, Thu 14 Sep 09:40

I am about to insure my pup (a miniature schnauzer) and I see there is a new kind of insurance on the market called Boughtbymany.

https://boughtbymany.com/offers/pet-insurance/

Their rates look pretty good. Has anyone on .net used or is using them. What do you think?

They are not an insurance company
They are basically a broker who crowd source the best deal. As they are regulated by the FSA they should be no better or worse than any other type of insurance broker. Get a quote from them and ask who the underwriter for the policy is. They are obliged to tell you this information. They also must tell you what commission they earn if you ask. Once you have this check out the insurers website and see if they will quote any cheaper.

Post Edited (Thu 14 Sep 13:38)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bertiesback  
Date:   Thu 14 Sep 14:26

moviescot, that is how they started out but if you read further they have started up their own policies now based on data they have garnered as brokers.

My point is their policies seem really good. e.g. who has a low monthly rate that is set for the life of your pet? I have never seen that. I started off paying £23 and by the time Max was nearly 15 (when I had to have hime PTS) I was paying almost £90.

Here is what mine brought up although there were cheaper less compressive below these three.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Thu 14 Sep 14:57

The underwriter for the policies is Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK) SE. They are German company based in Munich.
Boughtbymany are a broker.
However, the insurers are a wholly owned subsidiary of Munich Re, so really the cover etc should be sound.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.

phorum.org