DAFC.net
Home 21 November 2017 
Rogue's Gallery

Who's Online : 45 now
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Craig Adam Joinery
A fully-qualified and insured Fife based joinery and kitchen fitting company with more than 10 years experience in and around Fife.
[ web link ]

Residential Special Needs School
Falkland House School is a Residential Special Needs School for Boys, contact us today to secure your autistic childs place today
[ web link ]

Almor Carpets
Our shop in Bridge Street, Dunfermline contains an amazing range of carpets, vinyls and laminate flooring
[ web link ]

dunfermline.info
latest events, business directory and photographs of the area.
[ web link ]

[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Bridge
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 05:42

Come on then, who has been over it this morning? I'm that sad that I have (I was up early anyway so took the chance to nip over to Queensferry and back). Very impressive and quite strange seeing the two bridges on my left as I headed over to the Edinburgh side.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Bridge
Topic Originator: tenruh  
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 05:58

Over and back again by 5am. Surprisingly smooth driving surface, it seemed a high climb up the road to access it.Pity it was still dark.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: StevenPar77  
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 06:47

As said previously it is nice and smooth. You can barely see either side of the bridge itself so may stop people slowing down to see cruise ships etc. Looks fab tho.

http://www.agiftfor.net
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sammy_Must_Die  
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 07:22

Breakdown on it this morning. Same horrendous queues!!!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARanoid_Android  
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 07:33

Yeah, for some bizarre reason the lorry left it's erse jutting across inside lane, which kind of defeats purpose of hard shoulder. The bridge itself is a beast, you get a sense of it's scale when driving it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 07:44

And they won't open forth road bridge to clear traffic

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Hummingbird Harry  
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 08:02

So what's the script with the FRB today? Busses only?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onlytakes  
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 08:04

Suspect there were a lot of numpties who decided to take the car over today who didn't need to and made the roads busier than usual. I've never seen the north bound side that busy.

The lorry was a weird one. Looks like it's spilled diesel or coolant all over the hard shoulder. Not sure why they didn't move a metre further up to clear the road but its wide and slow enough just now that no-one need slow right down...except to rubber neck. At least they can claim to be the first breakdown!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 08:04

Quote:

Hummingbird Harry, Wed 30 Aug 08:02

So what's the script with the FRB today? Busses only?

Think it's completely shut for repairs over next couple of months.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 08:17

^^^they will be using it again till next Thursday. All those people that want to walk over new one and all that .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 08:26

Much slower approaching than normal but I thought that's because people will be taking videos and pictures. I'm sure some folks even had their trousers round their ankles?
Lo and behold, young lassie driving with her phone held up over her steering wheel recording her trip!
Once on the bridge, I was doing 40mph as normal.

very underwhelming

It's bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 09:15

It's a bridge ffs.

I Hope You're Ok Today....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parbucks  
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 10:04

Some sad hewers on here πŸ˜‚
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: baggio333  
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 10:47

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parforthecourse  
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 12:23

Very very slow on approach to bridge having left Dunf at 1115. Probably 35 mins to north side.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 12:50

Not totally the lorries fault since some bright spark though it would be a good idea to cone off the hard shoulder so he had to fit in in between 2 cones.

I also notice that the north and south bottle necks at first glance do not seem to be improved at all - just moved
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FergPar  
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 13:06

Anyone that went out of there way to cross the bridge this morning, during rush hour when they didn't have to, is without a doubt a massive pain in the hole.

Could you not have waited a couple of hours and gone when it wasn't busy Just as bad as the lorry drivers that used to go over the old bridge when it was closed to HSV's. Causing issues for everyone else.

Traffic was backed up to Lapwing Drive.

Gus McPherson

Post Edited (Wed 30 Aug 13:07)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Al  
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 14:05

In answer to the question above, there is no way they can open the old bridge to clear the queues as some bright spark disconnected it from the A90 / M90 at the North and South end, other than the bus only link which comes form Ferrytoll and joins at Dalmeny.

For example, if you wanted both open you would have a massive crossroads at the South end.......(hence the reason when it is bus only buses have to go to a set of traffic lights on the old A8000 and along by Tesco South Queensferry to get to the FRB)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 14:08

If you plan on crossing the bridge today just to say you've done it then don't. You're just causing those of us who are forced to use it misery. It's bad enough as it is trying to get home at finishing time.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 14:11

Is it not just disconnected by some cones? The tarmac is all still there. They only "shut" the old one last night.

Agree about the cones though. Do they think folk are too thick to understand not to drive on the hard shoulder?

As for the folk needlessly driving over...I'm sure it was a lovely expedition.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 14:29

Think about the south end, both bridges merge at the same point. No way they can run together. The tarmac is still there (until next Wednesday).

The new M90 alignment at the South end cuts right through the old A90 approach to the old bridge.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 15:07

Thought the old bridge was going to be used as a "back up" when QC is out of action for whatever reason. The option to switch traffic to either? Fairly sure that is the case, the traffic management infrastructure aspect of that will obviously be getting worked on as part of the repairs to FRB. Can't see it just being left as cones, but you never know......
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sligo Mick  
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 15:25

Sad bistards taking selfies causing havoc ..........wtf !!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 15:27

Q back to the M9 and Halbeath - what are the police doing to keep traffic moving and stop these saddos?

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 15:30

The diagram in the link below shows the only link to the bridge from the South is from the old A8000, and to the bridge is via the new bus link to the A90.

The northbound off slip at Echline is stopped up by the looks of this (traffic can no longer get to it)

There doesn't seem to be a connection to the M9 Spur from the old bridge

Similarly at the North end, the only link to the old bridge is via the new Ferrytoll Roundabout.

https://www.transport.gov.scot/projects/forth-replacement-crossing/forth-replacement-crossing

Post Edited (Wed 30 Aug 15:33)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 16:32

The link roads that will allow a swap between the bridges aren't complete yet but will be in place. They'll be done in the next couple of months for when the old bridge becomes a public transport corridor and the new bridge becomes a motorway.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 16:53

The official line from Transport Scotland is

Q - If there is an incident on the Queensferry Crossing, such as a road traffic accident, will traffic be allowed to use the Forth Road Bridge?

A - Subject to the type and likely duration of the incident, the road operating company, in conjunction with the Police, can agree to activate emergency connections to divert traffic via the Forth Road Bridge

Q - If congestion continues in the area will you consider opening up the Forth Road Bridge to general traffic?

A - The Queensferry Crossing replaces, but does not increase, the road provision for general traffic across the Firth of Forth. It is not Scottish Government policy to provide for unconstrained growth in vehicle traffic and to attempt to do so would be unsustainable. Any increase in demand will need to be met by public transport and walking/cycling.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 17:31

Is there folk actually out their cars taking selfies?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 18:01

Took me two hours to get home. I'm struggling to understand why everyone is so desperate to go over it today, it's a bridge, it's not getting demolished tomorrow, so why not just chill and wait for the time where you actually need to drive over or when it gets a little quieter.

Anyway the bridge itself is pretty sound, my only pet hate is the wind protectors ruin what could have been an excellent view of the Forth Road and Rail bridges, but they're obviously justified.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 18:13

GZ, word is that eejits are filming themselves crossing it. It's akin to the morons that used to queue for new iPods/iPhones when they could just pop into PC World later that day and buy one without waiting in a queue. No-one can quite explain their stupidity.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Skerla  
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 18:15

Some pathetic morons out there. It's a fking bridge.
Get over it!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 18:21

Quote:

Skerla, Wed 30 Aug 18:15

Get over it!

No, stay at home until you actually need to cross it πŸ˜‰
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 19:16

What's it with people that they had to cross, on first day, causing grief for folks going to work ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 19:29

People just want to say they were there the first day it opened in some rubbish way of trying to show off. The only person who can truly show off today is the lorry driver. He literally made history. It's weird how much traffic is going either way then once you're on the bridge it's totally fine. I bet it never ever gets motorway status.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JnrB  
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 19:34

Went across at 3am to go to work which was fine apart from a couple numpties going really slow. Came back across to fife at 11am which subsequently made me a grump. 20-30 min delay, folk fannying about going slow across the bridge, not allowing other vehicles to merge from the slip road, it was a farce.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 19:38

What was worse than the traffic was a car broke down and it was a woman who was standing outside with what looked like a new born, can only imagine how long it took for someone to get to her to fix her car because of all these over excited folk.

Luckily police van was with them
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Skerla  
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 19:46

Are there still delays Southbound?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 19:55

Yes

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 19:56

Northbound too apparently.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 20:03

Came over about half an hour ago and there was around a 25 minute delay north bound. As said it moves fine once you're on it and so many utter gits who won't allow folk to merge in turn.

Berry, was it the black Vauxhall saloon the woman was in? There was one abandoned between the S.Queensferry slip and the bridge road heading north.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 20:08

Between the hour it took me between the spur and the bridge I counted 4 cars and a lorry in the hard shoulder. I assume they were broken down due to the excessive queueing. If I seen someone stuck with a newborn I'd have helped though. If I could.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 20:12

Was kind of hoping the longer merge in turn lane would stop the nonsense, clearly not on this first showing. Use all bloody lanes then when merging one lets one past and vice versa. A very British problem i fear, stems from our queueing culture where folk that wait in middle lane defend their space thinking "why should i let them in, i've waited" without getting that if all lanes were used the way intended then it would move so much better.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: renegade master  
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 20:36

What a f****** joke.

3 hrs 40 mins to travel home from Haymarket tonight (via Kirkliston to avoid the queues)

As I said years ago this is going to solve nothing.

We have built thousands of houses in Fife and Kirkliston thinking this bridge will solve all the problems that the FRB had with congestion.

FRB for East and Edinburgh and QC for West bound traffic same as what they did at Kincardine was the only way this could ever work.

No this government could not organise a p155 up in a brewery!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 21:07

Andy. I left Kirkton South in Livingston at 530 and was in Dunfermline at 615

If anyone wants to buy me a pint or three, I'll tell them wahat way I went.

It's a road I used to use 25 years ago...

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 21:07

Quote:

renegade master, Wed 30 Aug 20:36

What a f****** joke.

3 hrs 40 mins to travel home from Haymarket tonight (via Kirkliston to avoid the queues)

We have built thousands of houses in Fife and Kirkliston thinking this bridge will solve all the problems that the FRB had with congestion.

FRB for East and Edinburgh and QC for West bound traffic same as what they did at Kincardine was the only way this could ever work.

Didn't realise this was supposed to help congestion. How was that going to work. It's still one bridge replacing another bridge. I thought the point was that the old bridge was worn out and needed replacing. I can't remember anyone claiming the new bridge would help with congestion. Did I miss something?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 21:17

Its in the name....Forth Replacement Crossing...not Forth Additional Crossing!

The days of predict and provide roadspace are over.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndBoy  
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 21:33

Quote:

moviescot, Wed 30 Aug 21:07

Quote:

renegade master, Wed 30 Aug 20:36

What a f****** joke.

Didn't realise this was supposed to help congestion. How was that going to work. It's still one bridge replacing another bridge. I thought the point was that the old bridge was worn out and needed replacing. I can't remember anyone claiming the new bridge would help with congestion. Did I miss something?

Exactly. As above, government policy is to reduce the use of private vehicles. Not help us use them more.

Moreover, if traffic from Fife and beyond was able to cross the bridge without delay, the road network south of the bridge, which is bursting at the seams at rush hour as it is, would be completely overrun. Queues would end up back at the bridge anyway.

...ken?

Post Edited (Wed 30 Aug 21:33)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 21:49

Took my other half over an hour to get from South Queensferry to the new bridge because of the volume of people coming Kirkliston way.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 22:25

Quote:

onlytakes, Wed 30 Aug 20:03

Came over about half an hour ago and there was around a 25 minute delay north bound. As said it moves fine once you're on it and so many utter gits who won't allow folk to merge in turn.

Berry, was it the black Vauxhall saloon the woman was in? There was one abandoned between the S.Queensferry slip and the bridge road heading north.

Didn't really get a good sight of the car as I was in the outside lane and couldn't see past the trucks, was definitely black though! At the time I passed there was a police van there cordening the car off however still left the woman and bairn to stand outside.

It was just by the new speed cameras, but on the north side.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 22:49

Raymie, I heard of the delays and used my usual shortcut, Royal Elizabeth yard on to the B800.

The fact the traffic lights were still on at Echline was not helping at all, merge of traffic at Tesco, another merge at McD's, short traffic lights at S Queensferry and on to the new roundabout.

As for replacement crossing, the old FRB only became less maintained after the scrapping of the tolls when the bridge became less maintained problems became apparent.

The dehumidifiers fixed the condensation, bearing replacements are included in maintenance, with 50% less traffic it could easily have continued.

The fact it will be given full use to all traffic in the event of closure shows it can be used.

Certain peoples ego's were certainly being boosted with this bridge same as this built with no help from the UK government.

Question. Would this bridge ever have been built without Scotland receiving money as part of the Barnet Formula? I suspect know!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 31 Aug 06:55

So more people coming from Fife...it's almost like the Scottish Government should encourage business to locate in Fife rather than constantly pushing Edinburgh...

Maybe they should also stop encouraging house building in Fife (targets for Fife are obscene) until there are jobs here? Or they could encourage Edinburgh council to actually allow some housing development (another development by the new Royal Infirmary rejected yesterday).

The Scottish Government was mad to sign off on the 1bn City Deal. All it does is encourage more housing outside of Edinburgh whilst placing more jobs IN Edinburgh. It's not sustainable.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 31 Aug 06:57

Would the bridge have been built without a Scottish Parliament? Given that it, the M74 extension, the new Raith Interchange, the new M8, the AWRR, etc have all been green lit since when they have been needed for decades suggest that you can guess that answer too, although you might not like it. ;)

As to the other stuff - it's a replacement crossing so nobody should be expecting more traffic to use it. It has the wind protection so shouldn't close as often for that and has a hard shoulder (which could be useable as a third lane under Smart Motorway provisions in the future) so breakdowns shouldn't be such a big issue. When the FRB is fully open for busses and bus times improve hopefully more people use them to reduce the QC traffic flow. It'll definitely be a motorway as the signage has been installed and the paperwork AFAIK has been prepared with the relevant dates ready for formal rubber stamping.

The only two problems are that there is still too many lanes merging to two which causes bottlenecks on both approaches as 3, 4 or 5 lanes converge to 2 with poor lane discipline and road awareness causing frustrations and that the cheap and cheerful M9/M90 spur meaning that the route from Fife to the M8, Airport and Edinburgh City Bypass is unnecessary long and full of poorly laid out junctions.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 31 Aug 06:59

I work in Livingston. Where is this secret road?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DRFC_no1  
Date:   Thu 31 Aug 07:42

Wonder if people would still be moaning about it had the old bridge collapsed/closed again and there was no new bridge............
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Scottn4312  
Date:   Thu 31 Aug 09:02

I think the new bridge is a welcome replacement, but why people feel the need to go over it on the first day is beyond me. The thing will out live us all, and I'd rather not spend two hours trying to get home over the dam thing. Unfortunately this morning it wasn't much better.

Although a shout out is deserved for the driver of the Collier lorry with the huge lit up pars badge at the back of his cab, you gave me a smile so thanks for that!

Post Edited (Thu 31 Aug 13:10)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 31 Aug 11:24

I seen him yesterday. Quality stuff.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 31 Aug 12:04

Anyone notice the Rosyth port signs are wrong? They display a car in the boat. Can't do cars, just lorries. The old signs had the car taped over...unless they know something about passenger services coming back?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 31 Aug 13:06

check your mail, Zod

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Thu 31 Aug 17:26

I miss the Gidump! from the old bridge...

Gidump!
Gidump!
Gidump!

Maybe they could release a soundtrack to accompany the new crossing.

πŸ”© ya πŸš€
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Thu 31 Aug 17:34

That will be the lorry drivers claim to fame
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Sep 07:29

much quieter going south on the bridge today. All the saddos must still be in bed?

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: calpar  
Date:   Fri 1 Sep 10:05

I got up at 0700 today on my day off to travel over the new bridge cos it is new and shiny, and i generally have no other need to use it living in kincardine.
How i laughed at the irate drivers stuck in the queues, with no real engineering appreciation going on, in fact, some were downright rude to me as i slowed down to get a reasoable quality selfie to put up on facebook for being special
Why dont all these folk who work in edinburgh not just buy a house there rather than clogging up the roads in fife ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Sep 10:14

Anyone who decided to get up and use it for the sake of using it during a time of heavy traffic is a wolloper of the highest order.

I can appreciate engineering because I am engineer. But if I didn't need to be on the bridge at that time i would of been nowhere near it. It will be here long after you've gone, there's plenty of time to go over it. People just want some weird sense of achievement from saying they drove over it on the day it opened when in reality nobody gives a toss if you've been on it or not.

The irony of it all is theres sod all to see when you're on it. It's nicer to look at from a distance.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Sep 10:22

I personally loved every second of it, i have no idea if i will wake up to see tomorrow, so i live every day to the max, which includes crossing new bridges, when i come to them, or come on them, which i did 😌It was very exciting, so i turned around and did it again, 12 times so far today ! Is this a record?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Sep 10:36

Since it's shut today you're doing well to get over it that much.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Sep 10:53

gosh, wondered why it has been so quiet and what all the fuss above was

at least i'll know where to walk now on sunday too though, lucky me
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Cisco  
Date:   Fri 1 Sep 12:36

Fail from calpar!!!!!

Living every day to the max indeed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Sep 14:10

You can sit there trying to be amusingly sarcastic all you want Calpar, but the simple fact is people have the right to be annoyed at the complete lack of forethought shown by others. It's common knowledge that the area is busy at those times and they had no legitimate reason to be going there except from the fact they're nosey.

It's just sad in my eyes. Whose life is that lonely and underwhelming that they feel being one of the first people on a bridge is something to be proud of?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Sep 14:25

go sister !
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Fri 1 Sep 15:54

Ye caught a whopper there, Calpar!

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Sep 15:55

Didnae half!!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Sep 16:02

Ach hardly, I'm going to vent regardless of Calpars input. They're just giving me an excuse to carry on, as are you.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Sep 01:31

All go again the morn, hope you edimburg bound folks have yer fife wits aboot yees😜
Ahll be oot n aboot causing bridge carnage again the morro when the National scroungers are on the scene

Good save the Sturgeon πŸ™ƒ
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ft media  
Date:   Mon 4 Sep 01:43

Boo hoo hoo. people are crossing the bwidge and making it busy, this is vewy vewy baddd.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Sep 08:09

Bridge was normal this morning. Surprised there's not numpties wanting to be the final people over the FRB.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Mon 4 Sep 08:30

So as someone living down south, is the old road bridge still open to any road traffic or is the new bridge carrying it all? I thought I had read that cars would still be using the old bridge?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Sep 08:43

All traffic on the old bridge till Thurs as the queen is officially opening today, and other events this week. All traffic will use new bridge as of Thurs.

Late Oct / early Nov buses and taxis will move to old bridge. All other traffic on new bridge.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Mon 4 Sep 08:47

Thanks Pars Al
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Sep 08:53

Bridge was a breeze this morning. No doubt be a nightmare later with the weirdos wanting to see old Lizzie cut a strip of cloth.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Sep 08:58

Oaft, you still greeting?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Sep 09:28

Not as much as you were when Rangers died buddy.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Sep 09:41

Quote:

Scottn4312, Mon 4 Sep 09:28

Teach me how to take a strop so I can bite at that please
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Sep 09:45

Quote:

Hummingbird Harry, Mon 4 Sep 09:41

Quote:

Scottn4312, Mon 4 Sep 09:28

Teach me how to take a strop so I can bite at that please

Haha you don't need my help. We have all seen you lose it.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Sep 10:10

Serious case of clutching at straws
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Sep 10:16

Clutching straws or just stating fact? It's all about perspective I suppose.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 4 Sep 10:32

Quote:

Pars Al, Mon 4 Sep 08:43

All traffic on the old bridge till Thurs as the queen is officially opening today, and other events this week. All traffic will use new bridge as of Thurs.

Late Oct / early Nov buses and taxis will move to old bridge. All other traffic on new bridge.

Taxis! Does that include private hire cars?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Sep 10:45

You don't have any facts, infact, you're having a nightmare
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Turps  
Date:   Mon 4 Sep 10:50

The bridge is being blessed this week as well. Can't believe so many of you risked going over an un-blessed bridge!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Sep 11:33

Starting. To rain :-)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: davepars  
Date:   Mon 4 Sep 11:38

It's singing.....listen....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Mon 4 Sep 12:02

Good to see Big Jim getting his neb in there.....

Opening a bridge and getting to meet JL bit of a red letter day for Liz....

πŸ”© ya πŸš€
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Sep 12:03

Whoever picked the alleged poet and musician Should be dragged over the bridge

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Sep 12:10

Official wording is

"buses including vehicles carrying more than 8 passengers for hire or reward that fall within the definition in the Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981"

and

"Taxis include private hire vehicles"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MikeyLeonard  
Date:   Mon 4 Sep 12:15

Sigh. . .I wonder how much money was spent getting the auld dinosaur and her entourage up here for that.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Sep 12:57

Could be worse - have you seen the travel bills for Trump bumming off to his golf courses every weekend?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Mon 4 Sep 13:01

Too much I suspect, Mikey. I heard they were spending money at the sewage treatment works to try and stop her getting the reek. I hope Leishman isn't anywhere near her if she does get a waft of it "yahoorsir, is that you farted, Lizzie". If anyone should have been doing the official opening it should have been the First Minister of our Parliament
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Turps  
Date:   Thu 7 Sep 11:56

Stein Connelly, Traffic Scotland operator manager, said: "Demand for using the Queensferry Crossing when it first opened last week was very high.

"People were understandably coming to see the new bridge and this did lead to congestion."

I don't understand Stein Connelly.

More delays today?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Sep 12:39

When I went over the M90 this morning at the back of 8 over the the bridge at Aberdour Road and Fordell Firs, the motorway itself looked fairly quiet. I was surprised to read that there were heavy delays getting over this morning when it looked like the traffic therr was moving very well, unlike the crawling lines of cars you I get at that time of the morning normally. Weird.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wedge  
Date:   Thu 7 Sep 14:12

20 min delay at 0800h is just a normal day isn't it... story out of nothing? Just headline grabbing by the looks of things.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Thu 7 Sep 15:04

Or SNP Bad

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Sep 17:24

I'm hearing huge tailbacks both ways now - can anyone confirm?

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DAFC23  
Date:   Thu 7 Sep 17:27

Im just in was about 30 - 35 mins getting across from when hit traffic on m9 spur. ( going northbound) Definately seemed slower than getting over FRB . Half the problem seems to be loads of people using the slip for south queensferry and kirkliston as extra lane then trying to feed in . Looked busy southbound as well.

Post Edited (Thu 07 Sep 17:27)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Sep 17:57

Half an hour delay both ways according to Heart
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Sep 19:03

q past amazon going south at 6.30

seems that there are still folks out there for a jolly?

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Sep 19:10

Took me an extra 45 mins from usual. All this talk of 70mph is horse turd. I don't think that'll ever happen. Should have just built 2 tunnels instead.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Sep 13:28

How would a tunnel be faster than a bridge? It's not like you can see anything on the new bridge anyway. The wind deflectors obscure the view...and the view is of the old bridge rather than the Forth Bridge anyway.

The solution is to stop all these fandans from driving over it for the fun of it. They re-did the bit of road outside the College last month. "How wiz the new bridge? It was like how I like my fellas - black, smooth and lasted half an oor"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Shakey  
Date:   Sat 9 Sep 13:58

Wake up Sheeple!!!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jimbooz  
Date:   Sat 9 Sep 16:11

Quote:

DAFC23, Thu 7 Sep 17:27

Im just in was about 30 - 35 mins getting across from when hit traffic on m9 spur. ( going northbound) Definately seemed slower than getting over FRB . Half the problem seems to be loads of people using the slip for south queensferry and kirkliston as extra lane then trying to feed in . Looked busy southbound as well.

Which isnt a new trick as they used it to fly over closer to the forth road bridge which caused almight snarl ups at the echline roundabout. Dafties dont realise it may seem like a solution but feeds the problem quarter of a mile down the road.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sat 9 Sep 16:20

Tunnel was costed but was ruled out as it would have been far more expensive... Or so I read somewhere

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Sep 16:49

they need to barrier off the slip road to Queensferry (notice they have dropped the South from all the signage) Set up ANPR cameras and issues fines to all vehicles using it to leave and re-enter at the roundabout.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Sep 16:58

^^^
Can understand your frustration but it's not breaking any law doing that... Is it?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parforthecourse  
Date:   Sat 9 Sep 19:02

Half hour q southbound at 3pm... same northbound at 6.15. Total PITA.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Sep 20:43

Widtink.
Correct no law, hence why adding barriers as they have done on the M8 at the M77 and M74 merge. It stopped congestion, frustration and accidents in doing so.

ANPR camera and a by-law as per bus lane enforcement and the exit to re-enter at the roundabout. We then have a continuous flow.

A traffic light control at the Inverkeithing merge Southbound again as they have on the M8 at Springburn merge at during peak hours.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Sep 08:39

ANPR hooked up to a sign that reads "[number plate]: driven by a fanny" ;-)

The slip road for Queensferry is miles long. Obviously aimed at getting them off the road quickly but then abused by idiots. These guys do the same before Cramond and go up the Kirkliston slip and back down the other side. They can't be going anywhere else as the bridge over the road to Kirkliston has been shut for months. Doing this also triggers the traffic lights on the A90. Utter fuds.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Sep 12:13

Think i might get out of bed earlier tomorrow to experience this bridge that everyone above is going on about
Its free to cross, so i suppose everyone is ENTITLED to cross it when they want, outwith the fandans who go to toil in Edimburg but cannae afford a hoose there
Im looking forward to it and made my piece already
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Sep 12:39

I just drove over the Inverkeithing flyover 5 mins ago and the tailback for the bridge is horrendous.
For info πŸ˜‚

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Sep 13:32

Quote:

calpar, Sun 10 Sep 12:13

Think i might get out of bed earlier tomorrow to experience this bridge that everyone above is going on about
Its free to cross, so i suppose everyone is ENTITLED to cross it when they want, outwith the fandans who go to toil in Edimburg but cannae afford a hoose there
Im looking forward to it and made my piece already

You're unbelievably boring.

On here taking a morale high ground over an issue that clearly doesn't effect you and there for shouldn't bother you. The consensus here is tailbacks are being caused by individuals abusing certain areas of the approach.

So god knows what your getting your knickers in a twist over.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Sep 13:49

Calpar, you've no time to be going over bridges. The last time you cocked up at work Oceanic lost a plane.

Calpar goes for an afternoon stroll on work time
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Sep 15:08

Never cocked up mate, and whos Oceanic? Never heard of them
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Sep 15:11

Snoozy scotty calls calpar boring, obviously hit a nerve there, a wannabe Edimburger that cannae afford a hoose there scaff type, gets her knickers knotted over a bridge, hee hee
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 10 Sep 18:20

Quote:

calpar, Sun 10 Sep 15:11

Snoozy scotty calls calpar boring, obviously hit a nerve there, a wannabe Edimburger that cannae afford a hoose there scaff type, gets her knickers knotted over a bridge, hee hee

You didn't hit a nerve at all. You're just in here ripping on people calling them scaffs trying to wind them up because they're discussing an ongoing problem that's effecting them in their daily lives.

I'm quite happy living in my sleepy wee village and commuting to Edinburgh, and as is human nature I'll have a wee moan about it now and then.

But if I think your a bit boring I'm gonna tell you. It doesn't mean you hit a nerve, just trying to help you out with your dry personality, tis all.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Sep 08:44

Vehicles only doing 30 on the bridge this morning and then speeding up when over.
Can only assume folks are still taking pictures and admiring whatever view there is?

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 11 Sep 09:28

Quote:

Scottn4312, Sun 10 Sep 18:20

Quote:

calpar, Sun 10 Sep 15:11

You didn't hit a nerve at all. You're just in here ripping on people calling them scaffs trying to wind them up because they're discussing an ongoing problem that's effecting them in their daily lives.

I'm quite happy living in my sleepy wee village and commuting to Edinburgh, and as is human nature I'll have a wee moan about it now and then.

But if I think your a bit boring I'm gonna tell you. It doesn't mean you hit a nerve, just trying to help you out with your dry personality, tis all.

Seriosly Scott, if you canny tell when someones on the windup take a sensitivity pill.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Sep 09:47

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Mon 11 Sep 08:44

Vehicles only doing 30 on the bridge this morning and then speeding up when over.
Can only assume folks are still taking pictures and admiring whatever view there is?

Well, it IS a new bridge. People need to get used to it. It's not like it's just a straight road.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jimbooz  
Date:   Mon 11 Sep 16:02

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Mon 11 Sep 08:44

Pretty much this. I expect when they up the limit people will still be in average speed camera mode for a few months until it sinks in.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Sep 19:04

Was much better coming back tonight around half 4. The police were on the Queensferry filter lane stopping the bellends using it as a third lane. Made all the difference early on. Hopefully it continues, just a shame those measures have to be taken.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Mon 11 Sep 20:42

hold on, arn't they encouraging you to use the queensferry filter lane to stop the traffic going back half way to newbridge so at least it looks better? some big gaps in traffic as you head down it so no idea why the cars aren't closer bunched together?

Its the folk doing 30 in the outside lane while there's either no1 on the inside or they are being undertaken by a load of people. They then reach the end of the roadworks and amazingly learn how to pull in! whats that about?

Just sitting here drenched in my own negativity!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Sep 22:06

Berkey, the knobjockeys are hooring down the pretty empty Queensferry lane, going up the slip road and then coming down the other side so they can merge in at the start of the bridge. This then slows everything up as everyone slows down to let these selfish arses in.

The whole point of it being a long lane is so those who are actually going to Queensferry can get off the road so as to leave it clear for those crossing. As mentioned, the same bellends use the same technique at the road just as your reach the 40 at Cramond. The overpass is shut so they can only be going to one place. Them going up triggers the lights, which are intended to let buses out, meaning everyone has to stop to let some dickhead out.

To summarise, some people are incredibly selfish.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 11 Sep 22:38

As I said above, set up a bus lane type camera for the fannies going off and on.
And cone/barrier off the slip road!

Problem solved!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 12 Sep 08:16

Simple ANPR on both roads would do the job.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:

phorum.org