DAFC.net
Home 21 November 2017 
Rogue's Gallery

Who's Online : 30 now
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Natural Slate Products
Come and see our range of Natural Slate Products - coasters, clocks, trivets, cheese-boards, at our base in Dunfermline or visit our online shop
[ web link ]

dunfermline.info
latest events, business directory and photographs of the area.
[ web link ]

Discover Accessible Menorca
Mobility scooters for rent, free delivery and collection. Shore Excursion/Tour on Mobility Scooters of the Magnificent Port Mahon Menorca.
[ web link ]

Crail Museum Heritage Centre
Life of this ancient Royal Burgh, its Kirk, seafaring tradition, 220 year-old golf club and Airfield history.
[ web link ]

[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Cheap flights to New York
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Tue 29 Aug 21:20

I'm only posting this to add to GG's ire about his booking with Father O'Leary.

Not really....thought this looked like a cracking deal and may appeal given Edinburgh origination.....

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/crazy-return-flights-from-edinburgh-to-new-york-norwegian-178-2777137
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Cheap flights to New York
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Tue 29 Aug 21:56

Sounds great - gong by the comments Stewart Airport is 20 miles from Manhattan but the airport buses are there for the landing times so no waiting.

buffysbuns.wordpress.com
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Tue 29 Aug 21:59

Worth noting that while they advertise Stewart International as New York, it's a good 2-3 hours away from New York City (even further away than Prestwick is from Glasgow...) and getting to New York City isn't too easy - there are reports of limited coach or bus options and very little in the way of car hire etc. If you're wanting to get to New York State or somewhere else though it might be worthwhile though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Tue 29 Aug 22:21

Thanks buffy and Kelty....comments on the site *seem to* suggest travel ain't too problematic if you're prepared but it's certainly a caveat I should have put on my OP.

ETA to add "seem to".....

Post Edited (Tue 29 Aug 22:23)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Tue 29 Aug 23:38

When I worked in London in the 1980s, one of my mates at work managed to scam a free flight to New York on Concorde as a courier. He arranged it through an agency. Basically, all he had to do was carry a tube of architect drawings and hand them over to someone when he got to Kennedy Airport. I don't suppose it happens these days.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JoshPars4life  
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 01:14

Just flew back from newburgh stewart to Edinburgh yesterday, bus was $20 (if you book in advance) which is reasonable and drops you off right next to times square.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 09:18

We flew once with Norwegian - very good outfit.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 11:39

Used Norwegian this summer. Flew into Providence and then drove to NYC from there. Can't fault them for the price, but no entertainment TV things. Me and my boy got there and back for under £300. Bargantastic

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 12:55

The location of Stewart international in relation to NYC is like landing in Aberdeen but your staying in Edinburgh. A Good 2 hour drive.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Wed 30 Aug 13:57

Used Norwegian to Tenerife many times, free WiFi on board, great prices and times also more leg room than the other budget airlines.

Using them again in 4 weeks.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: squish  
Date:   Fri 1 Sep 15:46

I am in New York right now and flew into Stewart. The flight was about half empty! Stewart is quick to clear immigration bevause you are the only flight there. Bus took 80 mins and drops you off at Port Authority bus terminal by Times Sq. I was also concerned about the distance but the price, quiet flight and easy customs process made it well worth it.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:

phorum.org