DAFC.net
Home 21 November 2017 
Rogue's Gallery

Who's Online : 32 now
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Open Golf Competitions
The main web site in the UK and Ireland for amateur golf events with over 15,000 open golf competitions, 300 golf weeks and 50 passport schemes,
[ web link ]

Craigluscar Activities
Fun and exciting outdoor experiences. Amazing hovercrafts, test your tractor driving skills or try the Hagglund BV206 (Snowcat).
[ web link ]

Braisby Roofing
Braisby Roofing Ltd is expanding into the domestic market offering a "No Obligation Roof Survey". Let us check your property over and advise you.
[ web link ]

Deep Sea World
UK’s longest underwater viewing tunnel, mysterious coral reefs, majestic sharks and amazing seal sanctuary. dive with Tinkerbell and Tiger Sharks.
[ web link ]

[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Noisy exhausts
Topic Originator: onlytakes  
Date:   Sat 19 Aug 08:43

The ones that are intentionally noisy - super cool or just for eejits? Discuss.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Noisy exhausts
Topic Originator: chewie  
Date:   Sat 19 Aug 08:52

They serve no purpose apart from attention seeking.

Eejits.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars1562  
Date:   Sat 19 Aug 09:11

they make your car go faster along with the go faster stripes on the side,mind you the 2000£ sound system in the boot (worth more than the motor) may slow it down slightly.
so all in all must be good.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Sat 19 Aug 09:20

The big bore style ones you see plookie wee neds driving about on mums corsa are a pain in the erse not so much if it's on a Subaru Impreza wrx least you only hear that if who ever is driving it revs the t!ts off it between gear changes

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sat 19 Aug 10:22

Don't forget the vented bonnet (for no reason btw) , front splitters, rear wings (on a 1.2 litre corsa. .. really ?), under car neon lights (I really don't understand that one) and debadging the car .
Oh .... and a big turbo sticker on both sides (even though it's only a fiesta 1.4), painted front brake callipers (yellow or red usually) , massive wheels fitted on spacers that look ridiculous, DIY tinted windows (get a grip , nobody really wants to see you , they just want you to get out of their street before your exhaust wakes up everyone .... at 0:200 in the morning) grrrr !!! , stupid replacement headlight bulbs that are blatantly faaaaarrrr too bright and therefore very illegal (but that's half the fun ain't it), racing harnesses (in a Renault clio diesel) , and a full roll cage.
All wonderful modifications and in no way a complete waste of money .... Ye ken ? 😂
Does ma heid in min

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onlytakes  
Date:   Sat 19 Aug 11:01

I don't mind them adding wee extras on but it's these stupid exhausts. It makes no sense at all. What's worrying is when it's grown men who have done this on a clapped out Passat.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 19 Aug 11:09

^^^
Yeah but I'm grumpy today so any car "mod" is gettin it !
Grown men adding huge back boxes to motors should be punishable by an on the spot fine.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Sat 19 Aug 11:34

Quote:

widtink, Sat 19 Aug 11:09

^^^
Yeah but I'm grumpy today so any car "mod" is gettin it !
Grown men adding huge back boxes to motors should be punishable by an on the spot fine.

Stickers to make a car look like a rally car is another one and even more sad when it's a guy over 30 driving it. It's up there with adults wearing football strips as fashion wear lol.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: calpar  
Date:   Sat 19 Aug 11:35

Any saddo 'petrol head', its a lump of metal to get you around, not yer penis!😮
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars1562  
Date:   Sat 19 Aug 12:41

so what you are al trying to say is all these mods to my 1ltr 1988 panda dinny make it go faster?
its not what the guy selling me it all in the shop said.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Number57  
Date:   Sat 19 Aug 19:18

always driven by pinheads

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Sun 20 Aug 09:59

A lot of guys with small peckers on the roads these days. You just know the type.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Mon 21 Aug 12:46

Do find it entertaining when their farter exhaust makes a massive racket but they have zero power to match the noise so the speed v noise is pure comedy.

I do think the equating dick size to cars is a pretty sad and weak argument as well though. It probably enough to say that they are selfish attention seekers.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Tue 22 Aug 07:43

When I moved house 4 years ago a guy in the street had one of those exhausts. I was going to have serious words with him but it turned out it was just a visitor. Not been back for years. I cant understand how they are legal in built up areas.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 22 Aug 08:32

^^^^
Been there , the guy next doors son used to get picked up for work at 05:00 by his mate in an astra that had an exhaust the size of a tank barrel.
He used to sit and rev the car until his workmate came out.
He still picks the laddie up for work .... He no longer revs the car ....
And yes I was nice when I had a word with him lol.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:

phorum.org