DAFC.net
Home 22 September 2017 
Rogue's Gallery

Who's Online : 43 now
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Twitter Updates  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Discover Accessible Menorca
Mobility scooters for rent, free delivery and collection. Shore Excursion/Tour on Mobility Scooters of the Magnificent Port Mahon Menorca.
[ web link ]

Mobility Turkey - Turkish Riviera
Mobility wheelchairs, hoists, scooters for hire and wheelchair access airport transfers/tours in Turkey. We cover the whole of Turkish Riviera
[ web link ]

Craig Adam Joinery
A fully-qualified and insured Fife based joinery and kitchen fitting company with more than 10 years experience in and around Fife.
[ web link ]

Lovely Trees
Experienced garden service RHS and RBGE certified- competitive rates, a full range of services to suit your needs. peter@lovelytrees.co.uk
[ web link ]

[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Wheeler Dealers
Topic Originator: Green Tree Bob  
Date:   Thu 10 Aug 15:09

Best programme on the telly . Today was a 1977 Renault Alpine 310 . Pity Edd China is leaving . He's the star .
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Wheeler Dealers
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Thu 10 Aug 19:30

Edd China made the show for me but seen them all dozens of times and its all a bit 'meh' now. Its repeated too many times now like the old top gears.

Think he left a while ago now after falling out with the shows producers who wanted to focus more on the buying & selling and less on the fixing up part which caused him to leave.

He'll be back with his own show no doubt in the future 🙂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onlytakes  
Date:   Fri 11 Aug 00:40

He only left a few months back. The last series was pretty woeful. Can tell they're going for the international audience by basing it in the US and focussing on Chevy's and the like.

Thing about Edd China was he took the time to explain the fix but the production company felt this was too time consuming and therefore expensive. It's why the last series was missing so much of it. Also note one episode where Edd doesnt even turn up and Mike has to do the work.

Edd's now promoting a lubricant company based in Dunbar. Really hope to see him back on TV though.

Post Edited (Fri 11 Aug 00:40)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bertiesback  
Date:   Fri 11 Aug 12:24

I would really love to see Edd take Aaron Kaufman's place in the Gas Monkey Garage.

Like Edd, the "bearded wonder" was the star of Fast n' Loud and that show will struggle without him.

I actually like F n' L better than Wheeler Dealers, just for the terrific variety in it although Richard Rawlings can be a bit up himself at times but his record in the Cannonball and Gumball Rallies suggests there is a bit more to him than just hot air.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNQk0Pk2HLk

Anyone who hasn't watched Fast n' Loud should give it a go. It's pretty entertaining and for a guy who had no training as a mechanic the bearded wonder is a hell of a mechanic. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rOsyANSCv0
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Fri 11 Aug 18:20

Good shout Bertie. I like watching Sin city motors as well. Love their take on 'different'.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 12 Aug 12:46

Way back, about 10/15 years ago, there was a really interesting series with an English guy who would build things from scratch; anything from a car to a helicopter. It was a really fascinating program that my son and I used to watch religiously. Alas, I can't remember the name of it; can anybody help?

Oz
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Aylesbury_Par  
Date:   Sat 12 Aug 12:51

Mark Evans who was a vet if I recall correctly, did a few prgrammes:-

A car is born, A bike is born etc.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 12 Aug 12:53

That's it!

Thanks, Aylesbury Par.

:)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Aylesbury_Par  
Date:   Sat 12 Aug 14:10

I enjoyed the Kit Car series which also featured driving a few classic cars with Ian Forrest at Knockhill. They drove one of my all time favourite cars a mk1 Lotus Cortina which was valued around £10k at the time, good ones are now worth about 10x that value!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.

phorum.org